Musical Theatre Teens Voice Class
July 24, 2021 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Saturdays at 12.00pm
$40 / 1 Hour Class (Paid in full at the start of the term)
Scot Hall Voice Studio.
36 Raleigh St, Leamington, Cambridge
Check out video feedback from last year’s students below!
Are you obsessed with musical theatre? Do you listen to showtunes all day – in your room, on the bus, when you study, with your friends, in the shower, in your sleep?
This one hour weekly class is for emerging singers in their teens who want to recognise and develop the vocal skills used by top performers in musical theatre. Belt, twang, lyrical, speech quality, harmony, solo singing, acting through song – you will explore all these and integrate them into broadway songs.
Some of the class activities will include:
- Video examples of amazing (and sometimes not so amazing!) performances in these styles to analyse and geek out over.
- Group singing in harmony of musical theatre ensemble songs and scenes. There will be learning to do at home – you need to be the kind of person who gets excited by practice and comes prepared.
- Opportunity to share a work in progress and get snaps, feedback and coaching in front of the group so we all learn together.
- Playful exploration of what your voice can do – for example, “What is nasality? Can we control it?? Is it the same as twang???” (Hint: Yes we can and no, it’s not!)
- Discussion and preparation advice about upcoming auditions in our performing community.
- Homework challenges, support and friendship in the private Facebook group and chat to help you make it through the week until next class!
This class is for motivated students who love musicals and want their own performances on stage or at an audition (or in the shower!) to be the best that it can be. By sharing your work and putting yourself in a room full of equally passionate young artists every week you accelerate your learning and have fun doing it.
My goal with this class is to create the learning environment I dreamed of as a teenager, and help you find your tribe of Musical Theatre Geeks.
Does I need to be an experienced performer to join?
No, there are no prerequisites to join this group except a passion for musical theatre. We’ll help grow your skills and confidence, and if you choose you can start to put yourself out there using the new skills you’ll develop in MT Teens Voice Class.
How long is the commitment?
Enrolment is for the school term. If you need to take a break part way through the year, simply communicate your plans in the final week of the current term.
What if I already have a singing teacher?
Great! Musical Theatre Teens Voice Class is designed to compliment your work with your teacher, not replace it.
Many of my private students take the class as well as their weekly 1-1 lesson, and other members learn from some of my amazing colleagues. Our singing teacher community here in the Waikato is amazing, we all get on and want to support you in developing all of your performance skills.
Can I try the class before I commit for the term?
Yes. For new students, payment for the term is due by the second class of term. If you decide it’s not for you after the first class, no problem, no charge for the term. Just let me know as soon as possible so I can offer your space to another student.
Can I hear from some of your current students?
Funny that you should ask! Just below the enrolment form are some videos from last year’s students talking about their favourite part of being in our class.
Class Times: Saturdays at 12.00pm
Cost: $40 / 1 Hour Class (Paid in full at the start of the term)
Location: 36 Raleigh St, Leamington, Cambridge
Sign up for Musical Theatre Teens Voice ClasS:
Hear From Current Students: